Thursday 26 May 2011

Interesting Site: d3dcoder.net

d3dcoder.net is one of my favorite game programming sites. It is run by Frank Luna, author of three of my favorite game programming books. If you haven't read them yet then you need to get to Amazon.com or your local bookshop and find a copy as they are definetly worth a read by anyone serious about their DirectX game programming.
I credit Frank's books for helping me make my game engine what it is today, with much of what I learnt from them implemented in my 'Brainstorm' engine.

     













d3dcoder.net is the support site for all three books (soon to be 4 books with the upcoming release of his "Introduction to 3D Programming with DirectX 11") and contains the source code you need to follow along with the book including answers to activites.
There is also a very active forum full of other game programmers who are happy to help with any issues or questions you might have. I hope you check it out and you might see me over there under the screen name 'Brainstorm'

No comments: